NCPTT offers a range of services to help the National Park Service and other government agencies achieve their mission. The following is a list of technical services that we are currently able to offer.
NOTE: These services are not available to the general public at this time.
- Building energy audits: An energy audit identifies how much energy a building consumes and is the first step in evaluating measures that can be taken to make a building more energy efficient.
- Historic structure evaluations: Deterioration issues with historic structures are identified and diagnosed by historic preservation professional who provide recommendations for appropriate interventions.
- Non-destructive evaluations: Non-destructive test methods for diagnosis of historic building materials and structures utilize a suite of inspections tools and techniques to validate structural details, locate heat conduction and air leakage, pinpoint moisture intrusion, and identify deterioration without damaging sensitive historic fabric.
- Materials analysis: Materials analysis utilizes a host of sophisticated scientific equipment and methods to characterize historical and architectural materials (such as brick, metals, mortar, or paint) as well as identify their composition and compatibility with other products. Some techniques, such as paint analysis, can also be used to determine the approximate age of various building elements. Recommendations are provided to guide field work.
- Laboratory testing: Laboratory testing can be used to evaluate the compatibility and performance of products and treatments for use with historic materials. Methods such as accelerated weathering allow technicians to evaluate the performance of a material or product over time. Recommendations based of this testing are provided to guide field work.
- Mobile application development: Mobile app development is the creation of software for smart phones like the iPhone or Android.
- Software and web development consulting: Software and web development consultants lay the groundwork for clients interested in creating customized software, web sites, or web-based internet applications specific to their needs.
- Cemetery Care and Maintenance
- Advanced Monument Conservation
- Historic Landscape Maintenance
- Historic Tree Care & Replacement
- Preservation of Ornamental Ironwork
- LEED Exam Preparation for Historic Preservation
- Application of Traditional Limewash
- Custom On-demand Training