Using historic resources in Grand Teton National Park as case studies and field sites, the workshop will include:
- Beginning pest biology and safety considerations for pests, with particular emphasis on bats and mice (among others!)
- Historic structure pest inspection
- Appropriate treatment strategies for excluding pests in historic resources
- Hands-on exclusion treatment
Trainees can expect morning lectures and exercises that cover fundamental IPM concepts, while afternoons will be in the field both examining structures that have pest issues as well as implementing appropriate treatments.
- Tuition for this workshop is $250; home park trainees are $25; students are $50.
- FREE lodging is available at the White Grass Dude Ranch
- Travel, lodging, and meals are the responsibility of the trainee.
To register, fill out and submit the Vanishing Treasures Workshop Registration Form.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org