Among the topics that will be covered are:
- basic characteristics of terra cotta, clay tiles, and porcelain, and the effect of these properties on performance and durability
- advances in architectural ceramic materials and developments in construction and installation techniques for use in restoration/preservation projects and in new designs involving these materials
- procedures for evaluating the condition of architectural ceramics
- steps to prevent and/or minimize degradation, as well as several case histories involving both historic buildings and modern ones that use ceramics in the building envelope/facade
- new types of ceramic tiles and cladding . . .
The registration fee is $550 U.S./person and includes the conference program, two luncheons, and a reception. Continuing education credits will be available (AIA learning units – 16.75 HSW units for the March 22-23 program, and 6 additional HSW units for the optional March 24 program).
Download the conference schedule (topics and speakers) as well as the registration form and other information (PDF) or download the PDF from the NCPTT website below.
QUESTIONS? Contact Susan E. Schur, Hon. AIA, FAPT, Conference Organizer/Chair