$500 ($250 student rate)
The objective of this workshop is to share and discuss the latest uses of 3D imaging of archeological artifacts in order to improve the utility and precision of analyses that employ 3D data to assess morphological variation. Additional discussions will cover topics related to digital curation and public archeology, where the utility of 3D scans reach beyond traditional analyses. To accomplish this, we are bringing together selected experts to one location to share their expertise. This four-day event will include lectures, a hands-on practicum, data analysis demonstrations, and discussions of best practices and data curation.
- Robert Z. Selden, Jr. (Stephen F. Austin State University and Jean Monnet University) – ceramics/digital curation
- Bernard K. Means (Virginia Commonwealth University) – public archeology/outreach
- Loren Davis (Oregon State University) – 3-D projectile points
- Michael Schott (University of Akron)–theory and methods
Location: Arizona State Museum, Conservation Lab, Rm. 125. 1013 East University, Tucson, AZ. Short two-block walk from recommended Hotel
- Lodging: Marriott Tucson, University Park. (520) 792-4100, 880 East Second, Tucson, AZ
Group Code: Book your group rate for NCPTT National Park Service Room Rate: $93 plus taxes. Bring your tax exempt form if you are eligible. Cut-off date for reservations is September 13, 2018
- Parking: $11 per day. Participants are encouraged to take Taxis, Uber, or Lyft. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance of the conference meeting room and Hotel.
FRIENDS OF NCPTT EVENTS CANCELLATION POLICY
Since workshops and conferences fill quickly, please sign up as early as possible. If you need to withdraw from an event, you must contact the organizer in writing via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (318) 356-9119.
Cancellations more than 30 days prior to an event will be fully refunded less a $30 administrative fee. No refunds will be available for cancellations within 30 days of the event, but funds may be credited towards a future NCPTT event. If the Friends of NCPTT must cancel an event, you may choose a full refund of the registration fee or a credit for a future Friends of NCPTT event.