NOTE: The application process closed on Wednesday, March 14, 2018.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the position of Historic Preservation Research Associate, National Center for Preservation Technology and Training (NCPTT). NCPTT is an office of the National Park Service (NPS) located on the campus of Northwestern State University (NSU) in Natchitoches, Louisiana. The Historic Preservation Research Associate will be an employee of Northwestern State University and will work closely with NCPTT and NSU staff. Candidates must meet eligibility criteria for state employment. This position is full time with benefits for twelve months at an hourly wage of $19.82
NCPTT is a nationwide interdisciplinary facility that serves the historic preservation community. Central to the mission of NCPTT is research and training that advance the application of science and technology to historic preservation and to make them available to a nationwide audience.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
- Assisting NCPTT staff in development of new research projects based on NCPTT’s identified research priorities.
- Research and write preservation publications.
- Providing logistical support for the planning and execution of workshops and symposia
- Providing regular contributions to NCPTT’s website, blog, and other media outlets
- Strong interest and understanding in all aspects of the history, theory, and practice of historic preservation.
- Strong interest and understanding of cultural landscapes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Photoshop
- Working knowledge of InDesign
- Familiarity with Filemaker Pro, ArcMap GIS, and AutoCAD computer programs
In addition to the qualifications outlined above, the successful candidate shall have a master’s degree in historic preservation or related field; strong writing, editing, research, verbal, and organizational skills; and excellent attention to detail. Some travel may be required.
To apply, send a letter of interest that includes a resume to:
Attn. Chief, Historic Landscapes
645 University Parkway
Natchitoches, Louisiana 71457
or FAX to 318-356-9119, or email to email@example.com. Position is open until filled. For more information, call 318-356‑7444.
Northwestern State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.