The National Park Service is looking for a Visual Information Specialist to serve in a term position for 13 months, which may be extended annually up to 4 years.
This position is responsible for developing visual media for programs throughout the Cultural Resources, Partnerships and Science directorate in the National Park Service. The incumbent will also focus on 508 compliance, particularly for PDFs and will develop online training and provide technical support to help the directorate prepare 508 compliant documents. This position is housed at the National Center for Preservation Technology and Training in Natchitoches, LA.
To apply for this position, create an account at USAJobs.gov and you can find the announcements via the links below:
Open to the public: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555094800
Veterans, Federal Employees, and other categories may additionally apply via: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555096200
The major duties of the Visual Information Specialist include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for performing a wide variety of visual and audio production services to all park divisions, networks or associations using nationally established guidelines.
- Coordinates and completes visual information assignments.
- Examines finished projects to ensure uniformity and consistence with specifications and standards.
- Designs and display visual communication aspects of speeches, briefings and training materials through the use of photos, slides, charts, posters and other appropriate means.
- Considers cost associated with preparation of visual material and equipment to balance against project objectives.
- Specifies and decide on placement of text in relation to art, artifacts, etc. and determine fonts and typographical effects to be used.
- Designs and coordinates the publication of projects and promotions using specialized graphic design software, produce and finalize logos, illustrations, graphs, charts and images.
- Determine placement of art and images to reflect the intent of publishing materials.
- Facilitate 508 compliance across the Cultural Resources, Partnerships and Science directorate
- Develop online training about creating native 508 compliant documents and converting the backlog of non-compliant documents.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.