Efforts to save Casa Grande Ruins date back to the late 1800s. Archeologists and others made trips to the ruins to restore and repair them. In 1892, President Benjamin Harrison declared the area the first federal prehistoric and cultural reservation. In 1918, The ruins became Casa Grande Ruins National Monument. Every 2 years, a new protective layer must be applied to the exterior of the ruins. To learn more about Casa Grande Ruins National Monument and its archeological preservation, visit its website.

Casa Grande Ruins Header

National Center for Preservation Technology and Training
645 University Parkway
Natchitoches, LA 71457

Email: ncptt[at]nps.gov
Phone: (318) 356-7444
Fax: (318) 356-9119