APT has announced that it will offer a professional research travel program to Cuba scheduled for February 4 – 13, 2012. The program is limited to 30 participants. Reservations will require a $500 deposit and will be held on a first-come, first-served basis.
In February 2011, APT offered its first professional research travel program to Cuba which received glowing reviews by all the participants. The 2012 program will be very similar to last years research tour. The ten-day program for full-time preservation and conservation professionals will offer a very special opportunity for in-depth visits to historic preservation agencies and training facilities, and interactions with historic preservation architects, planners, conservators, and engineers.
The cost per individual will be $3,295.00 USD (double occupancy). This cost includes:
- International roundtrip air from Miami to Havana.
- Accommodations for 7 nights in Havana, and 2 nights in Trinidad de Cuba. Most of the hotel rooms will be double occupancy. A limited number of single rooms will be available for an additional $500.
- Havana-based tour guide and tour manager and preservation professional to lead the group
- All ground transportation in Cuba
- Most meals
- Admission fees, a Cuban visa and all required Cuban health insurance and documentation
- Specialized visits to preservation architects, historians, engineers, conservators and city planners.
APT will be working again with Cuba Tour & Travel, an international travel organization that is licensed by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the United States Treasury Department as a Travel Services Provider for U.S. travel to Cuba. Travel to Cuba is restricted by OFAC. Each member of the delegation must be in compliance with the general license issued by OFAC authorizing full-time historic preservation and/ or architectural conservation professionals to conduct a full-time schedule of non-commercial research activities in Cuba. Spouses and friends who are not full-time historic preservation and conservation professionals will not be in license compliance to participate in this trip.
A detailed itinerary can be found at http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1101742653026-289/Itienrary+APT+2012+2nd+Draft.pdf
Register online at http://tourinfosys.com/customer/home.php